Mekha Baral – Project Officer
Mr. Baral is a Project Officer of YPDSN. He provides essential support to a project, working with the Project Manager and other team members to achieve project success. Mr. Baral work in almost every field – coordination and communications for project activities anywhere that projects are undertaken. Exact responsibilities will vary by project and organization, but key component of a PO’ roles include administrative and technological skills. Mr. Baral directly working with Project Manager. He working on a Public Relations project may be categorized as a Public Relations Specialist, and one working on a out reach activities of project may be listed as a schedule or Specialist.
Responsibilities are following
To accomplish their primary goal of providing administrative and technical skills to support a project to success, Mr. Baral perform many duties. We analyzed several job listings to identify these core duties and responsibilities.
- Organize Project Meetings: On a regular basis, Mr. Baral meet with the Project Manager to review progress and to discuss future steps. He also arranges meetings with the members of the project. Mr. Baral organize appropriate meeting rooms and any refreshments, contact the attendees and note any who can’t attend. Before the meeting, he send out any relevant information, and they attend each meeting to take minutes.
- Maintain Documents: Mr. Baral are responsible for maintaining crucial project documents which track project progress. File all project documents in an appropriate database or library, and ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Project Manager.
- Identify Problems or Risks: Being so closely involved in the project, he is relied upon to identify any potential issues or risks that could effect the progression of the project. He communicate these items with the Project Manager, and work to identify potential solutions.
- Manage the Schedule: Mr. Baral closely watch the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task. They check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any potential delays to the Project Manager.
- Ensure short-term contracts are managed in accordance with their terms of reference.
- Monitor activity and budget implementation.
- Develop and maintain a sound network of government and other stakeholder counterparts.
- Actively contribute to engagement area reporting systems
- Provide oral translation / interpretation service and vice versa, for Advisers in meetings and other activities with GOI counterparts, as required
- Undertake a range of administrative duties and tasks that may reflect substantial variety and complexity
- Undertake a record keeping system and ensure it is in line with Project’s record management guidelines
- Support other EA activities, and represent the EA in the Project fortnightly staff meeting
- Provide support to Project’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team with activity tracking and monitoring, data collection, database administration, and M&E related coordination with counterparts, as required