Mr. Dennis Schleppi is supporting YPDSN as an International Cooperation and Partnership Development Adviser from his home country Germany. Mr. Dennis has partially supported YPDSN in enhancing international collaboration and partnership projects. Mr. Dennis is a multilingual coordination specialist with wide-ranging professional experience within the humanitarian sector specializing in portfolio management, project development, monitoring & evaluation, communications, partnerships and grants management in the areas of good governance, migration, gender equality and human rights. Graduated in European Studies/Political Science/Peace and Conflict Studies from the London School of Economics (MSc) as well as the University of Bremen/University of Haifa (BA), he has worked on four continents both at field and headquarter level for the United Nations, the German government, bilateral development agencies, civil society organizations and the Permanent Mission of Liechtenstein to the United Nations in New York.
- LIAISON OFFICER – (01/04/2020 – Present) – Berlin, Germany 2020 GERMAN PRESIDENCY OF THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION – Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany – Coordinated and facilitated various high-level political events across Germany in the framework of the 2020 German Presidency of the Council of the European Union (Informal Meeting of EU Foreign Ministers/Education Ministers)
- DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE COORDINATION OFFICER (31/07/2017 – 31/09/2019 – Belgrade, Serbia) – United Nations Office of the Resident Coordinator. Portfolio coordination of multidisciplinary UN clusters, monitoring & evaluation, strategy development, project design and reporting, donor compliance and budget management for the nationalization of the Sustainable Development Goals in Serbia in close collaboration with 19 UN agencies, the EU, the Serbian as well as national and international stakeholders. Co-managed the USD 53 million “Governance and Rule of Law”-cluster of the United Nations Country Team Serbia; planning and implementation of good governance, human rights, migration and gender projects in Serbia; provided project planning, monitoring and evaluation support to ten UN agencies. Planned and implemented international conferences, field missions and assessments for the SDGs (RIA baseline assessment in January 2018.
- PRESS COORDINATOR – Vision Hope International (01/03/2016 – 23/04/2017 – Remotely (Middle East)). Voluntarily led the Press Team of a German Non-Governmental Organization specializing in emergency relief in the most unstable areas of the MENA region; recruited and supervised five journalists for the organization.
- ADVISOR Permanent Mission of Liechtenstein to the United Nations (01/10/2016 – 24/02/2017 – New York City, United States) . Covered humanitarian, migration-related and environmental topics relevant for the mission; representing Liechtenstein in meetings of the Second and Third Committee of the UN General Assembly. Produced speeches, reports and policy recommendations for the ambassador, provided session summaries of relevant UN debates to the Liechtenstein Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Vaduz.
- INTERN IN THE GIZ COUNTRY OFFICE – German Development Cooperation (GIZ) (31/03/2016 – 24/09/2016 – Kampala, Uganda). Monitored and analyzed the political situation in Uganda with focus on peace, governance and security; implemented security risk assessment tests for all GIZ duty stations in Uganda.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 01/10/2014 – 31/12/2015 – London, United Kingdom – Master of Science in European Studies: Ideas and Identities – The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Concentration on European Studies, Politics, International Relations and International Law
- 01/10/2012 – 31/01/2013 – Haifa, Israel – Visiting Scholar – University of Haifa International School
- Concentration on Peace & Conflict Studies, Middle Eastern Studies and Arabic
- 01/10/2010 – 31/12/2013 – Bremen, Germany – Bachelor of Science in Integrated European Studies – University of Bremen,
- Concentration on European Studies, Politics, Social Sciences and Law
- UN Innovation Blog: Natural Language Processing to align national plans in Serbia with Global Goals
- https://undg.org/silofighters_blog/natural-language-processing-to-align-national-plans-in-serbia-with-global-goals/ – 2018
- Hershey KR, Schleppi D, Batanovic V: Natural Language Processing to align national plans in Serbia with Global Goals. United Nations Development Group Innovation Blog: Silofighters. 2018; Belgrade