Gyanu Ghale – Public Health Officer
Ms. Ghale is Staff Nurse and having professional experienced health care and service giver. She is public health officers of YPDSN. She is of essential significance in both the preparedness planning process and the reaction to health risks since the execution of public health measures is situated within the capability of the public health system. She on various levels have to be engaged in all stages of the planning process for public health crisis control. Federal components of health systems as equivalent to the nation pose specific difficulties for both the planning process and the reaction itself. The very essential instruments for the assessment of crisis programmes, such as the evaluation of the public health officers’ readiness, are among the exercises performed. The accomplishment of a simulation exercise relies mainly upon careful planning process, clear assessment criteria and a work plan, that enables for essential enhancements of crisis plans of all engaged organisations. Simulation activities are an integrated component of preparedness activities on various administrative levels of the public health system. Based upon the nature of the activities public health officers on local and district level are engaged as planners or as players.
Responsibilities are following:
- Coordinate or combine the resources of health care institutions, social service organizations, public safety personnel, or other agencies to enhance the community health.
- Design or use monitoring tools, like as screening, lab records, and vital information, to recognize health risks.
- Develop tools to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Direct or control prevention programs in specialized areas such as aerospace, work-related, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Assess the effectiveness of recommended risk reduction actions or other interventions.
- Recognize groups at threat for specific preventable diseases.
- Carry out epidemiological research of acute and chronic diseases.
- Prepare precautionary health reports which include problem explanations, analyses, alternate solutions, and suggestions.
- Deliver details about potential health risks and possible treatments to the media, the public, other health care experts, or local, state, and national health regulators.
- Manage or coordinate the work of doctors, nurses, statisticians, or other staff members.
- Educate or train medical team regarding precautionary medicine problems.
- Design, implement, or assess health service delivery systems to enhance the health of specific communities.